Recent additions to the “User’s Guide” are listed in this section.
- Ph.D. programs in philosophy in the U.S. and other countries, with links to departments.
- “Academic Placement Data and Analysis,” job placement data, searchable by institution, in progress. Supported by the APA.
- Philosophy of Science in Canada (new wiki).
- PhilJobs (APA) Tracking the Appointments of Philosophers (A new Feature of PhilJobs).
- PhilPapers A searchable database for the publications of philosophers.
- Appearance and Reality in The Philosophical Gourmet Report: Why the Discrepancy Matters to the Profession of Philosophy (Bruya) (From the article’s abstract.) The article demonstrates that the actual value of the PGR, in its current form, is not nearly as high as it is assumed to be and that the PGR is, in fact, detrimental to the profession. The article lists and explains five objections to the methods and methodology of the report. Taken together, the objections demonstrate that the report is severely flawed, failing to provide the information it purports to and damaging the profession overall.